Monday, May 7, 2012

Mr. Calm {in a nutshell}


We took a day trip over the weekend to visit some in-laws.

I forgot to check the gas tank before we left.

About 30 minutes into the trip, I glanced over from the passenger seat to see this on the dashboard....





Empty.


Me: "Whoa. We better stop to get some gas at the next exit!"


Greg: "Nah. We got at least another 30 miles!"




That's my Greg! Always so calm and confident that everything's gonna be just fine.

And it was fine. We eventually stopped for gas...after passing several exits of course.

Not gonna lie though. I'm secretly waiting for the day when we coast to a stop on the side of a road because we ran out of gas.

It's only a matter of time Greg. Only a matter of time.



***

We did find some time to celebrate his birthday on Sunday too.


Pizza for lunch. A rainy Sunday afternoon filled with one loooooong nap. And a day off of work. 

He was even a good sport and wore the balloon hat Kensie and I made him. However, he refused to let me take a pic with it on. Everyone has their limits.

And that's ok. We love him anyway.


Happy 29th birthday to our favorite man in the whole world!

1 comment:

  1. Awe! Happy Birthday Greg! I really wish I could have seen the Balloon hat on! ;) I love the gas story...too funny! Glad you enjoyed the day!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...