Saturday, June 8, 2013

1st Tri recap plus some thrifty finds!


Some things I wanted to remember from my first trimester this time 'round...

{1} Tired all the time.
{2} Hungry all the time.
{3} Tired and hungry ALL the time.
{4} Hardly sick. Which basically trumps 1 thru 3. 

Really though, for having twins I can't complain a whole lot.

Yet.

I have a feeling this "pleasant" pregnancy will only last a short time though. I'm pretty nervous about being put on bedrest later down the road, and the fact that I will be FREAKING GINORMOUS. I gained roughly 50-60 lbs with my first 2 babies. I can only imagine how much bigger I will be this time. I'm totally okay with gaining the weight, potential stretch marks, more varicose veins...been there, done that. It doesn't really bother me anymore. But if Mason darts across the road while I'm 7 months pregnant, I just might not be able to catch him. THAT'S what worries me.


2 days shy of 13 weeks

We got to listen to both heartbeats last week. Made my own heart flutter a little. I brought the kids along with their matching baby dolls hoping they would get the sense that this is becoming more real for everyone. They just ran in circles, throwing their babies all over the doc's office, repeatedly flipping the lights on and off, and when they heard the loud heartbeats they hid under the chair giggling and shouting "Thunder!". 


Flash forward>>>>>>Pretty sure when I'm struggling to breastfeed two babies at the same time and everyone starts crying out of a need for attention, it will become very clear to them that MOM HAS TWO OTHER CHILDREN IN THE HOUSE. 


Boy, are they in for a surprise. 





So for now, I'm just making the most of this happy stage and trying to get things done around the house. 





My Mom made this darling quilt for Kensie's big girl bed. Her first attempt at a quilt I should add. Isn't it amazing?? I'm so in love with those fabrics (Amy Butler). It still needs to be finished and since we're both not confident when it comes to quilts, I'm looking to hire a professional to get 'er done. Hoping to have it finished before the babies are born.


I also found the final piece of furniture to finish off Kensie's big girl room. A dresser.


So when I took her on a little mommy/ daughter date this morning, we visited some antique stores and both fell in LOVE with this beauty....




I made sure the drawers could open with just my pinkie, so Kensie can actually use it by herself. Here's to more room in her closet now. Yay!


Mason's room will be changing soon as well, so when we stumbled across this cedar toy chest ($30) in a different antique store, I knew it was going home with us. 




Here's what I'm thinking for his eventual big boy room....




I like these ideas too...




Now if we just knew what genders we're having next, I can start planning the twins nursery! (We'll find out in less than two months). Kensie's hoping for twin girls and Mason wants twin boys--go figure. I'm praying for boy/girl so they can each have a little buddy. Kensie is dying to have another princess girl she can play dress up with, and Mason wants another lil monster boy to wrestle. 


In the meantime, I picked up a $6 bouncy seat at a garage sale yesterday! 





We were given the pink bouncy as a hand-me-down back when Kensie was born, and yes even though Mason was a boy he sat in that thing for several months as well. You just care less after your first baby. 


I'm thinking that boy/girl twins would suit these bouncies well, don't ya think? *wink wink*


***

3 comments:

  1. Oh you are too cute!! Love the new finds! That quilt is awesome and love your inspiration for Mason! Glad the rooms are coming together and you are feeling well!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I am getting rid of all my baby stuff....you are welcome to first shot at it...crazy good garage sale prices is my thought. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh YES! I will definitely check your stuff out!! Thanks for thinking of me.

      Delete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...