Thursday, December 1, 2011

Christmas is in the house! {a tour}

Since we've been married (6 years ago), I've slowly acquired a fair share of holiday decor. And since we moved into our first home (3 years ago), I think I've put the Christmas tree in a different spot each year!
I like change.

Welcome to this year's Christmas home tour...



Come on inside...


I wanted the nativity to be the first thing I see when heading out or coming home. The entryway is a perfect spot to showcase the setting for Christ's birth.




Now close the door behind you and come inside! It's freezing!



Welcome to the "fireplace" room. It was once a sitting area but is now the dining room.





Greg and my stockings (sewn by my Mama).

I can't wait to have Christmas dinner next to a roaring fire!




And the spot for the tree this year??

**drummmmmrollllll please**




In between rooms! It's the absolute best spot to see the tree from literally every living space in the house! So happy with it this year. 



This is the first year I set up a fake tree. I scored this super nice "Bethlehem" tree after Christmas sales last year. Doesn't it look real?? Bonus: I can leave it up twice as long!


If you'd like to see last year's bush tree...go HERE.


Kensie and Mason's stockings hung on the new little frame I painted recently. I painted it green without thinking "Christmas" but I love how it transformed into a festive little wall hanging.



With sturdy hooks so we can stuff them stockings full. *wink*





And some cookie cutters hung over the sink. I love Christmas in little nooks like this.


The sweater covered jars made a reappearance.




And you already saw the bookshelf but I had to include it in the tour.

 Kensie loves to point out the teeny tiny people in the windows of each house. Everyday. And she quickly reminds me to turn the village lights on first thing in the morning.


Hope you are having yourself a merry little {decorated} Christmas at your house!

***





12 comments:

  1. I love your tour!! Beautiful Shan!


    I have the same nativity and I'm going to put it in our entryway! {Great minds think alike!}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home looks lovely. Your O Holy Night sign fits in perfectly with the nativity.
    You always do such a beautiful job decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so stinkin creative! I can't wait to see it all in person for the SagPowDer Christmas party! Good reason to keep the tree up into January. :) - Cathi

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful home. Love the idea of the cookie cutters in the window nook. I love your blog. I'm your newest follower. Would love you to stop by DIY Home Sweet Home

    Jamie
    http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    P.S. I have a linky every Monday would love you to stop by Monday and link up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping in via The Nester, but had to comment...my tree is in the same location, not far from my dining room table that bears a striking resemblance to yours :).

    Natasha @ www.southerngirlsecrets.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I enjoyed my visit.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your home is so cute and sweet and cozy looking! Great job, have a merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness. I LOVE those sweater-covered jars. So charming!

    Your house looks wonderful! Very fun and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, and I love that yellow sideboard table!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your home looks so pretty and festive. I just love the cookie cutters hanging in the window. Great idea. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. your home is amazing! so cozy! i love that yellow sideboard!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful home. I love how you set up your dining room with the fireplace. You definitely have an eye for decorating.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...