Monday, May 14, 2012

Beachy entryway!


It looks like my blue and gray mini makeover is starting to spread through the rest of the house!




It's no mystery...

I love the beach.

And I love bringing it indoors where I can enjoy it everyday!





I finally gave in and made my first paint chip garland--it doesn't get any cheaper than that folks! I was happy to remind my hubby that it cost us ZERO dollars.

After cutting each paint chip to the shape I wanted, I super-glued them to some clear fishing line. You could easily sew them together but I don't own a sewing machine, so...







I bought these blue glittery letters to use for Kensie's first birthday party (feels like FOREVER ago).

I'm so glad I kept the rest of the letters for a future project!

After playing "scrabble" for a few minutes I found a way to use the few leftover letters. I then super-glued them to some twine.



Speaking of "summer glow"--my pale skin need some. Bad.



Can't have a beach without some shells!





This beautiful print is by far my favorite piece. My sweet friend Tammi {she takes all our kids professional pics} made a whole line of prints that she is selling to raise money for their upcoming trip to Ghana. If you would like to purchase one visit her AVENUE 17 shop. They are in the process of bringing  their {already adopted} two young boys home to the states! If you are interested in reading their amazing story go HERE to read her blog. 





I don't know about you but Greg and I share the same middle name. Its called CLUTTER. We have a bad habit of letting clutter build up around our house. It's a blessing because we don't get on each other about the issue. As a result, we often let it go on FAR TOO LONG and wind up buried in our own stuff wondering, "Where on earth did I put those keys?". I'm hoping this little bowl in the entryway will help us keep track of our keys, sunglasses, electronics, outgoing mail and wallets a little better. 



So there you have it!

A beachy entryway that will probably stay clean and organized for 2.5 seconds. 

***

linking up to:

 



Craft & Tell





10 comments:

  1. Shannon, I LOVE this! SO crisp and clean! Looks so refreshing... I can hear the ocean from here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jacy! It makes me want to get out to the beach asap!

      Delete
    2. I'm heading to San Diego NEXT WEEK!!!!! Booya!! I'll think of you mmmmmk? :)

      Love you! Excited for your feature.... I think you might be next :) I'll email you!

      Delete
    3. No way!! Have a total blast and soak in some pacific coast air for me, okay?

      Excited for the upcoming feature! Eeeeeeeee!

      Delete
  2. Shannon, I'm glad you found my blog via Jacy, and am even happier that I found yours in return! This project is absolutely genius, and you have such a talent for beautiful, budget-friendly decorating. I also love the tidbits you share of your kiddos, husband, faith and lives together - it's really inspirational. I'm following and can't wait for future posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe Bonnie....you're gonna make me cry a little. :) Thanks for you super-sweet thoughts. I'm so glad you decided to stick around these parts too. It may not always be glamorous but we try to keep things interesting! Welcome aboard.

      Delete
  3. Very cute decorating tips... :) But now I wish I was sitting on the beach.... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! The weather is so nice lately but not quite nice enough for the beach. Yet anyway...

      Delete
  4. If you're decorating for summer then I'm going to as well...I still have an Easter banner hanging up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it, do it!! I kinda skipped decorating for Easter all together...whoops.

      Delete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...