Thursday, October 4, 2012

Proud moment


Leaving the mall playground.


It's close to lunch time and of course I forgot to pack snacks and sippy cups. Meltdowns are on the horizon. Kensie refuses to put her shoes on by herself, b/c velcro straps apparently are "too hard". Just as I'm regretting my decision to not bring a stroller for Mason, I look up to see him running away from the playground. 

More like sprinting. 

Towards the mall entrance. 

I drift away from Kensie leaving her to fend for herself and her half-velcroed shoes. I yell after Mason to "STOP!", which clearly means "FASTER". Regrettable decision #2. Sprinting and now giggling he approaches the handicap button (which ALL mom's know magically opens the door). By this time I'm half-way between both children. 


Kensie's yelling from behind, "MOM! WAIT FOR ME!! DON'T LEEEEEEAVE MEEEEE!!!!!!!!", 

I'm yelling to the escape artist up ahead, "MASON! COME 'ERE! RIGHT NOW!!!". 


Mason is giggling hysterically by now, realizing how fast his chubby legs have carried him and all that's separating him from the parking lot are two gigantic "magical" blue buttons.


First button pushed. He sweeps through the first door. 

It was like one of those bad dreams where you are running but not really moving that fast. 
How was I not there yet?!

During all this there was a small group of "old folks" nearby enjoying food and fellowship. When they realized my predicament, and that they were located closer to Mason than I was, a sweet little 70 year old woman popped up out of her chair and was able to grab Mason's hand before he pushed the second button.


*Sigh*


Just thought you'd like to know how thrilling our day to day adventures are.


You're welcome.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...