Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Fine motor skills


I'm totally loving these "preschool" years but I must admit I'm not always thinking about preschool type activities. Kensie is not currently in school yet but loves pretending to be a student. We like to color, do puzzles, stickers, and an occasional matching game. But overall, I'm not a natural teacher. It doesn't help that I have a hard time letting the kids "go to town" and make messes.

So when my friend suggested focusing on activities that help develop fine motor skills, I thought I better try some! 

Today we made a cereal necklace using yarn and Cheerios...


Kensie got the hang of it pretty quick and dove right in.

She fizzled out after about 10 minutes, hence the necklace turned to bracelet...



Oh well, she enjoyed it.


I figured I'd make one for Mason too...since all he wanted to do was eat the Cheerios. 
(surprise surprise)



Cute right?

Yeah...



They lasted about 5 seconds before being totally consumed.

***


If you want more fun activities to do with your kids, check out my friend Jessica's blog. She's always got something fun going on at her house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...