Saturday, September 29, 2012

Table swap and Fall decorating!

A few weeks ago my neighbor and I decided to have a "Hoarders" sale. I found the idea from THIS BLOG.  It was such a hilarious post, we both figured it was worth a try!

Long story short, we sold a TON of crap. We literally copied everything the blog recommended and it worked like a charm.

While sorting through our "crap" prior to the sale, I discovered my neighbor was selling a gorgeous dining room table (on her sister's behalf) for a mere $250. I've always adored our little antique table I found on craigslist about 4 years ago. It just always bothered me that it only came with 5 chairs. It was impossible to find a matching captains chair to complete the set. Plus, it was just a tad too small and rickety for when we had company over.

So back to the Hoarders sale...

I saw my neighbors gem of a table and we decided to swap tables right there on the lawn! 






We pulled my little table outside to the yard sale and put the "new" one right in my dining room. 

I ended up selling mine for $200 to a guy who pulled up on a motorcycle (of all the people I pictured buying it, he was the last one! We died laughing.). 

In the end, I paid $50 total for a pretty awesome upgrade. I got an almost brand new table (more solid and will last a lot longer) PLUS an extra chair than I originally had PLUS a table about two feet longer than my original.


Here she is in her new home! 



Some fall decorations may have crept in as well....




I still can't totally give up the beachy look. Do you spy the starfish on the wall (below)?





But I tried to incorporate some Fall elements in other ways...












 And who says white pumpkins don't go with everything?




So we're keeping a little beach around here. It makes me happy.


***

1 comment:

  1. Oh Shan, it looks absolutely gorgeous! Keeping the beachy-ness and incorporating the fall decor looks BEAUTIFUL! I was thiking I need to get my fall stuff out, but 90 degree weather does not amke me think of scarves, pumpkins, and hot cider!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...