Friday, October 26, 2012

Riviera Maya

Five nights and six days at one of the nicest resorts we've ever been to. In one of the most beautiful locations. The Riviera Maya, Mexico.

Thank you for your prayers. We felt them. Our time together was beautifully uninterrupted. Each day started with a little rain but the clouds soon dispersed and the sun made regular appearances. Greg's cold was nearly over by the time we arrived to the resort. There was only one day of work related meetings for Greg. Otherwise, we basically rotated between the pools, the beaches, and restaurants (with the most amazing and exotic food we've ever had). Did I mention I didn't have to cook a single one of those meals? Now that was a treat. And we even had a little fun playing a few sports we both enjoy!

So....

In unedited and rapid fire fashion, here's our trip in chronological order. 

























































































Sad to leave....




As much as we wanted to stay, we couldn't wait to get home to see our kiddos! I had a couple videos and pictures left on my camera that we would flip through during the week whenever we started to miss them. We never worried about them but now and then we'd talk about our favorite attributes of each child. And oh how sweet it was to see them this morning! Jumping and hopping into my arms with excitement, shouting, "MAMA! MAMA!!" It was like seeing them for the first time. 

Anyway...

The trip was ummm dare I say, BETTER than our Honeymoon?? I truly felt like every detail of this trip was designed specifically for us. We did not deserve such special treatment. Thank you Lord! And even more, it was so great to vacation with the person I've shared the past (basically) 10 years of my life with. Our love is so much deeper than it ever was the day we left for our Honeymoon. 

God is good.

***

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place to visit to reconnect! You looked so refreshed and you both look SO in love! I love all your outfits (and your smooth legs look gorgeous!) :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mallory, I feel incredibly refreshed! It's funny you noticed my legs b/c I was just thinking it's been about one year exactly since my surgeries. I almost forget what they used to look like and how badly they hurt all the time. Flying in airplanes used to be super painful but I didn't notice any discomfort while traveling this time. Another real blessing!!

      Delete
  2. How fun Shannon! What a treat. I'm jealous! :) And I LOVE that picture of you on the beach with your arms raised. Super cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a taste of heaven that's for sure. And you can thank Greg for that pic. He's a natural photographer :).

      Delete
  3. Ohhh Shannon! How wonderful! My heart sings for yours... and I'm totally jealous. I would give my right arm to steal away with my husband. I know you're apart from yours often, too, so I'm so happy for you. And, I must say... your vericose-vein-lacking legs look mighty fine! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he works a LOT as you know (especially during this fall season). And the times when he's just not around for consecutive days in a row can get very overwhelming. But these kind of trips (where I get total alone time with him) just reminds me exactly why I love that man. He is just SO much FUN to be with!

      And thanks for your sweet comment on my legs. I couldn't bare to take a "before" pic but the transformation has truly been amazing. I'm so grateful...

      Delete
  4. Shan, you are to cute! Love your vacation clothes!! Also, I love Greg's "tennis" shoes. :) Glad you guys had a good time...lets do it together soon. :):):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MAN I'm so glad you noticed his shoes...I teased him pretty bad on that. He only brought sandals and loafers along. So when we reserved the tennis courts I was like, "Sooooo what shoes are you gonna wear??". In his defense, he still beat me by two points in those clunkers. Geesh...

      Anyway, I thought you might like to see what clothes I packed too ;)

      Delete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...