Saturday, October 6, 2012

Book recommendation

I have been relishing the ways God has been speaking to me these past couple weeks. Deep and personal ways that can only come from the Father.


One of His tools are books. I've mentioned before that I don't really prioritize reading in my downtime. But lately I've been craving it! Rising early to be in the Word and seeking communication with Him. Staying up late reading other books that speak directly to my life. He's given me such a hunger for truth.

I picked up this book at the True Woman Conference I attended.


Just the way God pointed my attention to this book in the midst of thousands of other books on display is a story in itself.

Anyway...

It's one of those books that's more than just inspiring. It tells a story we can all relate to. 

"There it was. The wilderness. Settled at Etham, they could see it--coughing and swirling in the hot desert wind. The last place their tired feet wanted to take them. The wild, time-wasting wilderness....

What do you do in a situation like that? How will you respond when you're at Etham with a clear view of a more comfortable route but also a sure certainty that God's presence is leading you another way? The Israelites  had that kind of decision to make: should they turn back and take what seemed to be the most simple path to where they were headed, or should they continue pursuing God, knowing full well that the direction He was going would lead them on a more difficult route?" - pg. 62

I think it's safe to say, we have ALL experienced the "wilderness" in one way or another.

This book is powerful. No doubt about it. I can't even explain how much God is reaching out to me through each page. It's exactly what I need to read right now.

God bless you as you travel through your own wilderness...

***

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...