Thursday, October 18, 2012

Feeling like a zero today...

Maybe it's b/c I took the kids to the library the other day and after specifically telling Mason "NO", he purposefully and successfully cleared off an entire shelf of DVD's in front of three other mom's and their kids.


OR...


Maybe it's b/c Greg came home one night from work asking what was for dinner, and I carelessly waved my hand from my comfortable position on the couch saying, "Well, we had the last of the macaroni and soup, so can you make a sandwich for yourself?"


OR...


Maybe it's b/c I've been sleeping in and letting my feet hit the floor without any quiet time with my Jesus. I feel frazzled, and unable to get out the door anytime before say, 10 o'clock in the morning. I then try to squeeze some Bible reading in the middle of the day while the kids are "happily playing" only to be interrupted by two screaming children who are fighting over toys. It doesn't make for very good "quiet time". 


OR...


Maybe it's b/c I haven't cleaned my house in who knows how long and honestly I don't care to. I mean, I'm ashamed at how unashamed I am. Really.


OR...


Maybe it's b/c by the end of the day, I realize I've yelled at my kids more than I've poured loving words into them. And I feel like all I want to do is race through the hours until it's bedtime when I can FINALLY have time to myself.


OR...


Maybe it's b/c after taking nearly three weeks to fast from Pinterest and FB, I'm right back where I was before the fast. Thankfully I'll be away from the internet ALL next week, so there will be NO temptations.


OR...


Maybe it's b/c I've had zero comments 5 out of the last 6 posts, and I've contemplated giving up the blog. Why is it that comments feel so gosh darn good?? And when I don't get any I feel as though this blog is not compelling enough. There's something about feeling "heard" that is motivating. I guess I need to keep asking myself, "What is the purpose of this blog?" Maybe it's just simply a way to record and keep track of my life. But, I sometimes wish it could be more than that. Still sorting that out...


OR...


Maybe it's b/c of this yucky, rainy, dreary weather. I miss summer. Period.


Anyway, if YOU are feeling like a zero sometimes, just know that I do too. We all do. And that's okay. What I need to remember is my purpose is not about succeeding in every area of life. It's about seeking Christ in every area.

5 comments:

  1. I know how you feel about not getting any comments on your blog. But then I look at how many people are reading my blog and I know that its not just me and the internet. I think people dont' comment because they are 1. not sure how to because they aren't "followers" 2. not sure what to say. 3. don't understand how encouraging a little comment feels.

    I follow a blog and this was one of the posts the other day. http://www.raisinggodlychildren.org/2012/10/dear-stay-at-home-mom.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jess for your comment and that encouraging link! It's like that post was written especially for me. I was welling up with tears mid-way through it.

      Just one of those days, ya know? Thank goodness for friends (like you) who understand.

      Delete
  2. Hi Shannon,
    It's Shannon again (I left you a comment awhile back about some things we had in common). I've been quietly following you and your precious family for the last year or two. I can't really remember when I started honestly. I just know that it's not everyday I find someone that shares my name, her spouse shares my husbands name, and her son shares my sons name. Because of that I started following you. You're blog is in my Google reader and it's one of the few I read when there is a new post.
    I guess I never really comment because I didn't want you to think I was a crazy stalker. I just think we have a lot in common. SAHM with young kids, love our husbands deeply, enjoy home decor and party planning with DIY. Above all that, that we both love Jesus.
    Thank you for sharing your life through your blog. It's precious.
    PS- I think I originally found you because of the button garland on the your Christmas tree. I was trying to find some inspiration and I found yours and ended up making my own that I have used for the last two Christmas's!
    Shannon
    http://www.partiesandpottytraining.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Shannon, YES I totally remember your comment a while back!! So fun to share those things in common. And just for the record, I don't think you are a stalker at all! I'm so glad you left you blog link. I can't wait to pop on over and start stalking you back ;)

      Delete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...