Thursday, March 1, 2012

A special little girl at 2.5 yrs {plus a video}

This girl is coming up on two and a half in a few days and I figured it was a good time to capture exactly what this little girl is all about these days...

{1} Dressing up-- this is a daily routine. Sometimes twice a day in fact. Usually between dinner and bedtime. The outfits vary but always revolve around being a "fairy" or "princess" or combination of both.

This particular evening included Mickey Mouse ears and some old jewelry I dug out of my drawers.

{2} Wants to be a princess and ballerina-- as in watching princess movies (the only movies we have are Cinderella and Snow White), dressing up, and calling herself a "princess" at times. She still remembers seeing several at Disneyland (when we went this last November). She also begs me on a regular basis to play pretty music on the piano so she can twirl like a ballerina. Can I just interrupt....I DO NOT PUSH THIS AT ALL. It's funny what kids get interested in with or without the help of parents. I was never big on introducing the whole princess/ ballerina thing...but, she is totally into it. And I have to admit it's kind of adorable.

{3} Refuses to call herself "Kensie"-- if you ask her what her name is, it's "Choo Choo". This was a nickname we gave her since she was a baby. (Don't ask me why. It has nothing to do with a choo choo train.) Anyway, it's to the point where if I ask her to repeat after me by saying, "the letter 'K' is for Kensie...can you say  kh kh Kensie?" She responds with, "Kh kh...CHOO CHOO!!" Oh dear, not quite.



{4} Pretend play-- The play kitchen is a total hit! She likes to pretend to make me coffee in the morning and spends lots of time opening and closing the fridge picking out what foods to cook in her pot on the stove. She also loves playing "mommy". She has two babies that she loves to feed, change and push in the baby stroller. She will usually copy whatever I'm doing with Mason at the moment....putting him down for a nap, changing his diaper, feeding him a bottle...she will do it with one of her babies. Also adorable. 

{5} Organizing-- this one cracks me up! She will play quietly in her room at times...reading books, rocking her babies etc. One day I went in to check on her. She had lined up all her diapers in a row. The funny part is that even though the side table was in the way, it didn't stop her from completing her perfect trail of diapers...


{6} Still loves her crib, blankie and diapers-- Still sleeps in her crib, is very attached to "clinkie" as she calls it, and still has ZERO interest in potty training. And I'm totally okay with that. Although I'm still shocked she hasn't tried to climb out of the crib yet. She bounces so high in that thing...it would be SO easy to get out. Shhhh don't tell her I said that.

 

I'll finish with a video of some fun the kids had the other day. I set up the pack n' play in the living room and they played all day in that thing! If you like videos close to 3 minutes long, enjoy...


 

 

Oh, that little girl. She gets more and more personality every day. And I love her so very much.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Shannon! Ok.. cracking up at that lil miss organizer! Look at those Diapers! lol All neat and tidy! Really Cute! Hope your day is going great! Just wanted to let ya know that I tagged you in a fun getting to know you game- take a peek!

    http://fourmarrsonevenus.blogspot.com/2012/03/i-just-got-double-teamed-in-game-of-tag.html

    -Jen

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...