Thursday, March 8, 2012

Our {28 lb.} walking one year old!

Okay.

Remember that fashion post I did a while ago where I mentioned that my daily life consists of cleaning, crawling on my knees and carrying around two children each weighing 25lbs??  I was just kind of estimating on their weight.

Well, I stand corrected.

I put them both on the scale this morning and they weigh exactly 28 lbs each!

Twenty-eight pounds people.

Normal if you are two and a half.
Humongous if you just turned one!

No wonder I want a massage every night.


Anyway, yes today is Mason's birthday.


He's bubbly, sweet, bright and cheerful.

His smile lights up a room.

His laugh is just as contagious as his daddy's.

His hugs are as cuddly as a bear.

His babbles warm our hearts.

His love for Kensie is endearing.



He also started walking just 2 short days before his birthday...so proud of him!
Up until 2 days ago he wouldn't even stand up on his own without holding onto something. As soon as I would try to let go, he would immediately squat down towards the floor. I tried it again on Tuesday and he stood for moment. Then all of a sudden he took 10 steps in a row like it was no big deal. Like he had been secretly practicing all along! Greg and I are still baffled. He's been a walking fool ever since.

Just 5 days old here...love his scrunchy face in this pic.


Watch how the lion shrinks as each month goes by...

Oh my, how he's grown!
It's crazy how much babies change and grow in the first year.


Happy Birthday little Mason man!
All twenty-eight pounds of you.


Can't wait for his party on Saturday. It will just be with family and probably no more than 15 people. But, I like to go all out for parties. So, stay tuned for pics on that next week!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Mason! (My lil Mason man..because I have a Mason ..and well...you get it) OK 28 lbs Shannon? I love it!! I want to squeeze him! I love the photos you took every month- what a good mama you are!! Hope his day was awesome-- he is 1!! ahhhh!!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...