Thursday, March 29, 2012

Blue and gray makeover {update}

We're making some progress around here with our mini-makeover and I'm totally loving it! 

Here's what I've done so far...



My Mom helped me make the pillow covers one Saturday afternoon.
She made the pillow on the right {pictured above} in like 20 minutes. Fancy cording and everything. 
She's so talented. Just to give you an idea of how talented....she made ALL five of my bridesmaid dresses.

here's the one Mom made. Don't you love the different fabric on each side?

As much as I loved the cording, I wasn't up for attempting to sew it. So I just made mine without. The striped one is my favorite!


I can't say I made the map pillow cover however. I found it on etsy and couldn't resist. It's a map of Lake Michigan in a subtle blue gray color scheme...say what?! Perfect accent.








The pillows turned out so good I couldn't wait to make the curtains for above the kitchen sink.

These were incredibly easy to make!


This fabric I also used to recover our dining chairs...






And I saved the best for last.

I had just enough striped fabric to make new curtains for the built in.





The coral accents I found at TJ Maxx. Everything else I already had. 


I'll probably fuss with the arrangements for the rest of the week. I'm never quite satisfied when it comes to arranging shelves. 









My next project is painting the hutch and shutters.

And after that, the walls...eeeek!





Linking up to:









***

Thanks for staying tuned in!



7 comments:

  1. Your home is so lovely, Shan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Can I come over and just sit. Looks like Paradise Shannon! Seriously, love everything you have done. Nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely room filled with so many beautiful details! That hutch was just gorgeous. :-) Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Inspiration Friday this week!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! I love the pillows. The fabric is so pretty. You have a such a lovely home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the color scheme! && The fabrics you chose for the pillows are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I just love your changes, so serene and absolutely gorgeous!

    Your new pillows are wonderful - and wow your mom sure is talented -cording. Yikes. Me neither, haha.

    LOVE that built in and the curtains for it - dead on perfect.

    WELL DONE!!!

    Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your room is very pretty, and I love the touches of blue with the grey. Great pillows too.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...