Friday, March 30, 2012

Speaking of makeovers...

I'm a total amateur when it comes to this here blog. I understand the "basics" of blog design but let's get real, I know nothing compared to so many other beautiful blogs out there. So, be patient with me as I try to spruce things up a bit. It's time for a little change. Are you with me? Thought so...

Here's a question to those of you that know what you're doing:

HOW DO YOU CENTER THE BLOG TITLE AT THE TOP OF MY PAGE???

I've been trying my darndest and it just ain't working! Help. me. please.

Also, check out the other fun things I've added on my sidebar>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


Is there anything else you would like to see added to the blog?

I would love to add some tabs at the top to make things a bit more organized. Maybe after some more research on how to actually do it. Again, a little slow in the tech department over here.

***

Anyway, we are off on a week long trip today. Our church is heading down south to work at a Christian summer camp in TN. We're leaving a day early to visit some friends that we rarely get to see. We're leaving tonight and I'm still working on packing. Story of my life.

the last time we were there was 2 years ago. Miss Kensie was just 7 months old...such a little peanut then.

The trip will be good for me in so many ways. Time with my husband and kids. A chance to do things outside of our daily routines. And most of all, it will be good to be away from all those Internet portals that so easily entangle me! I have not been very diligent in saying NO to the computer lately. I'm at the point where I literally need to be plucked out of my home and dropped into the middle of a deep forest in no-man's land for it to work. And I'm actually excited about that.

Better get finished packing while the little ones nap!

See you all in a week!

3 comments:

  1. I had to upload my header to photobucket and actually add it to the html code to get centered! You would think blogger would have a better way to do something simple like that?!?

    Anyways, I also just wanted you to know I awarded you the Verstaile Blogger Award! http://www.discovercreatelive.com/2012/03/weekend-away-verstatile-blogger-award.html

    Love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shannon! You visited my blog and that's how I found my way here. My current blog design I didn't do but I did play around with blog design before I had someone do it for me. This is the website I went to a lot for help. http://makincuteblogs.com/2011/02/how-to-center-your-header-in-blogger/

    She has a lot of good tips and tutorials. I read all of your posts about your problems with your legs. I hope you are doing better and have a wonderful trip! I'm a new follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate--good tip on fixing my header. I will have to try that. And wow! Thanks for the award...my first! I'm so flattered :)

    Angie--Yes, I remember your blog. Loved it at first glance. Thanks for the link as well. Will definitely give it a shot! I need all the help I can get.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...