Monday, March 12, 2012

Mason's {vintage} sunshine and soda pop party!


I made the invitations just using basic Microsoft Word with a few clipart images. Printed them from my home and mailed them out to some family!
(I airburshed our address in the image above).
It did take some time to design but cost virtually nothing. You're welcome husband.


Overall, this was such a fun party to plan!

In fact, my favorite to date.


I wanted to pick a theme that really captured Mason's personality.




Ever since we brought him home from the hospital, I got in the habit of singing "You are my sunshine" to him every night. I grew to love this song more and more as his smiley personality began to blossom.



The yellow sign I found on etsy and it usually hangs in his room. I fell in love with the vintage writing and distressed treatment.


MENU:

- chicken salad croissant sandwiches-

- pita chips with spinach dip-

- gourmet crackers with cheese ball-

- veggies with ranch dip-

- bottle caps, gummies, and lollipops-

- lemon mousse layered cake-

-make your own italian sodas-

***

So, back to the theme.

Mason is bright and cheerful...reminds me of sunshine.

"Hmmm, he's also sweet and bubbly"
I thought to myself.

Kinda like soda pop!

And with that, my theme was set.



It was harder than I thought to find soda pop candies. I settled on bottle caps (a classic) and some gummies in the shape of Coca Cola bottles {see above}.



I know my strengths, and baking is not one of them.

The cake and over sized cupcake I ordered 24 hours in advance from a local bakery.

Did I mention it had a lemon mousse layer in the middle??

Simply divine.



I saw an idea on Pinterest to hang the name of each child attending your party like garland.

But, since we weren't having any other little people at the party, I decided to hang words that describe Mason instead.

I used a Cricut (I borrowed) to cut out each letter out of scrapbook paper and glued them to some yarn to hang.


I made the "sunshine garland"{above} and the ruffled streamers {below} HERE using paper and yarn.



Note to self for future parties: buy more streamers!

I was amazed how fast this stuff ran out.


The idea was to have a solid waterfall of streamers against the sliding glass door.

All the way to floor.

We settled for one fourth the coverage. Oh well.



Probably a better idea anyway.

Mason would tear the whole thing down if he could reach it!


The "Soda Pop Shop" where guests made their own italian sodas.

Fruit flavored soda (found in the international food aisle) + ice + a can of whip cream to top it off.

Hint: if you use the mandarine flavored soda with whip cream it taste like a creamsicle. Reminds me of when I was a kid.






Here's the happy boy himself!



Happy 1st Birthday Mason!




Linking up to:

Today's Creative Blog

4 comments:

  1. Shannon!!!! This is Bright, Cheerful-- such a sweet soda sunny party for your adorable Mason! I loved the colors, the make your own soda (so so cool), all your decor- and his cute lil smile, he was so so excited! Everything about this party was perfect! I loved it! Great job Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful party!! You did a wonderful job and it looks like Mason appreciated all his Mama's hard work!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my goodness, what an adorable party!! I found your blog via Jen at Four Marrs and One Venus, and I'm so glad I did. It's sooo cute, and now I'm your newest follower! I'd love for you to stop by my blog and follow me back if you'd like.
    Have a great rest of the week!
    xo,
    Laurie @ Gallamore West :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You are a decorating genius! :) I love how you incorporated so many things and they all look perfect together... amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...