Thursday, February 28, 2013

Small touches to finish a room {blue/gray makeover}

Our blue/ gray dining room makeover is finally complete!
 
 
 
 
 
It feels so good to have a space that has completely come together. It takes time and patience to find all the right touches. But I love to decorate this way.
 
 
I end up really appreciating a room when I've taken time to think and brainstorm as I go, instead of trying to get it all done in a short amount of time.
 
 
 
Here's some of my more recent additions to the space...
 
 
 
I found some accent pillows for cheap at our local supermarket (can you believe it!) for the wicker chairs (from HERE).
 
 
 



Our family photographer (who also captured those beach pics) found the adorable sign for me on sale at TJ Maxx. The perfect finishing touch for the wall collage.





Greg put on the new screen cover for the fireplace last weekend (from Menards), so the fireplace is also complete! I was excited to find a cover with a dark gray finish to match the rest of our blue/gray theme.
 
The whitewash makeover tutorial is HERE.
 
 
 
 
 



 
 
I've learned that small touches make all the difference when it comes to putting a room together.
 
 
 
 
BEFORE
 





AFTER


 
 
 
And I'm so happy to call this place home.
 
 
***
 


4 comments:

  1. You did such an amazing job making this over! It's well styled, the design is spot on, and it's cozy and beautiful.

    :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Glad you stopped by for a visit and found some inspiration :)

      Delete
  2. It looks bigger without the hutch in front of the window. It's absolutely beautiful!

    My Mom and I were out shopping a few weeks ago and found a few items that we said look like they go in your home! We love your style, keep posting so we can be inspired!

    Great job friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it really was silly that I ever put that hutch in front of a window. What was I thinking?? Before and After photos are good at helping me come to my senses :) Thanks for you sweet comments Mal.

      Delete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...