Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sports {preview for the next post}

 
I graduated college in the spring of 2005. With Greg, my college sweetheart.
 
We married just a few months after this pic.
 
 
Feels like yesterday, but also like forever ago. Anyone else?
 
 
Anyway, this blog was started a few years after I graduated. Most of my blog posts nowadays are about marriage, kids, decorating and the like. Therefore, leaving out a very large part of my life. Something that has shaped me in SO many ways.


SPORTS.


There was a time when my life literally revolved around sports for many, many, many years.
 

I was a two-sport athlete through high school and college. I played volleyball in the fall every year since I was in 6th grade. I would get a short break in the winter and would start back up again in the spring playing on a traveling club team. I also ran track every spring during the school year as well. I say "ran" but I really only did one event, the high jump.

Most of my memories as a student-athlete are filled with practices, smelly uniforms, late-night bus rides, wins, losses, pre-season training, out-of-season training, and goofing around with teammates on and off the court.

It was pretty much my entire life, and I truly loved every minute of it.






Cornerstone University
Women's Volleyball Team 2003



I studied hard and got pretty good grades. But all I could think about was the next season in terms of sports. I still joke that playing volleyball and running track were my biggest motivators for getting through college. And I'm so thankful I had the privilege of being on so many amazing teams.


Cornerstone University Women's track team
2003? WHAC Champs!
 


2004 Indoor Nationals--with my jump coach (far left) and fellow high jumpers who all qualified for Nationals that year.





2005 Outdoor Nationals. Can you find me in the back row?

 This is all just some background info for my next post (which I can hopefully get up and running soon). I had the honor of receiving a special award last Wednesday that has resurfaced many of my track and volleyball memories.

And looking back, it's something I feel God leading me to share with you all.

So come back tomorrow to see, okie dokie?

***
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...