Sunday, February 17, 2013

Stuff breaks {but mostly the bathroom}

Not too long ago, we replaced out fridge. It had defrost problems and was leaking water on the floor at least once a week. It was kinda fun to get a new one. We went pretty conservative. By conservative, I mean, no stainless steel double door fridge with a pull out freezer on bottom (those sound dreamy!). But still, a much nicer upgrade than what we had before. (sorry no pic).
 
 
All that to say, since replacing the fridge, everything else seems to be breaking too. That's usually how it goes though, right?
 
 
 
Like when my camera broke yesterday....
 
The lens is stuck in this position.
Every time I push the power button it makes this crazy noise and shuts down automatically.
 
I didn't even do anything to break it. It just started wigging out for no reason. So bummed!
 
 
But thank goodness I can still take pics with my phone! (Not super great, but hey it's something)
 
 
 
We have one bathroom in our house. It's always been a little outdated but I could totally live with it.
 
 
 
 
 

Don't you love the slanted drawers under the sink? Ahhh, the late 1960's.
 
 
 
 
 
 
But lately, everything is falling apart.
 





 
 
It's getting to the point where we physically are unable to use it. And we don't have a second bathroom as a back-up.
 
 
 
I would love to end this post by announcing that we are completely gutting and renovating the bathroom. But I can't say for sure what our plan is just yet. We don't exactly have money for a huge overhaul. However, I feel like if we already need a whole new shower/tub, AND all new plumbing for a new sink....then we should do it right and just gut the whole dang bathroom. And I would LOVE to add a second sink in there too. We will probably never add a second bathroom to this house, but I feel it would help the resale value if we could make a good impression with the ONE bathroom we do have.
 
 
Decisions, decisions.
 

 
In the meantime, here are some of my imaginary bathroom renovations that I have been dreaming of...
 
 

Source: houzz.com via Shannon on Pinterest
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Source: google.com via Shannon on Pinterest
 
 
 

Source: houzz.com via Shannon on Pinterest
 
 You can check out the rest of my inspiration board HERE.


4 comments:

  1. I love your bathroom ideas, especially that herringbone tile floor. I want that in my next house so much. I also love the square sinks and the light fixture in picture 1. I am hoping to get a new fixture in my downstairs bathroom. I redid the floor and baseboards so the light would just finish it off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, that herringbone floor is to die for, isn't it! And yes, I REALLY like those square double sinks too. Good luck finishing off your own bathroom...if I spy any light fixtures on sale I'll be sure to let ya know :)

      Delete
  2. I've never seen slanted drawers before!

    I was dreaming of a new guest/Bailey bath area the other day. I should start a pin board for just the bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If there's one thing I've learned about Pinterest it's this: You can NEVER have too many inspiration boards. Even if it's way too early....when you're able to finally start a project, then you have a go-to board all set and ready to go!

      Delete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...