Monday, November 26, 2012

Fireplace {whitewash makeover}


Do you ever get a really good idea for a project and then put it off?

For like TWO YEARS? 
(purely hypothetical of course)

You have all the supplies you need sitting around...then after about two years (let's say) you put the kids to bed one night and decide it's finally time to do it?

And after seeing this great blog post on exactly how to do it, you think to yourself, "I could do that in about an hour!"

So you quickly change into some grungy paint-stained clothes and get to work.

START TIME: 9:07pm



BEFORE

I used leftover white paint we used to paint the basement walls. 

Filled a plastic cup equal parts paint and water. Stir well.

I then cleaned the bricks with a damp rag and let it dry.

Took a large paint brush and painted about 4 bricks at a time, followed by quickly wiping the excess with a rag. 

One coat was enough for the whitewash look I wanted.




AFTER 

END TIME: 10:11pm


Whitewashed fireplace makeover complete.

Commence the happy dance. 

:)

***

9 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful and fits in so well with the rest of your decor! I love seeing your projects and decorating, I admit I often look to your home for design ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you use my home as inspiration then remember...I just copy other people's ideas! Ha! Kinda like "pay it forward" I guess. :)

      Delete
  2. It looks beautiful. I love it! Totally worth an hour of your time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to remind myself that projects like this really don't take THAT much time. It just takes the right "timing" to complete them. Hence, AFTER BED TIME. :)

      Delete
  3. Get out- Shannon- you DID it! And it looks Super Great! I love the after look!!!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...