Thursday, November 15, 2012

Being relate-able

In case you were wondering, my pity party is over since my last post. Contentment is a tricky thing for me sometimes. In the larger scheme of life, I actually feel quite happily content. And I honestly wouldn't change a thing. It's just easy to become discontent when I stop appreciating all the things I love about my life. I'm still workin' on it....

So, what's with all the "Debbie Downer" posts??

I want to be relate-able. There's something so freeing when I tell someone I've messed up. When I let people know I don't have the slightest clue how to raise our kids. When I pray with my closest friends about a tough situation that I have no idea how to handle. When I spend too much money shopping online and blow my cover wide open to my husband. 

Honesty is FREEING.

I haven't always felt this way. I used to think only showing my strengths and accomplishments was what people cared about. Like that's what would "win" people over. Then I discovered the truth all throughout God's Word. 

My conclusion is this. Listen closely.....

God thrives on using people in their weaknesses. There's not a single person in the Bible who had it "all together". Yet, God thought their life was important enough to write about in His Word. Why? Because he knew people like me could relate to them. He knew that I could identify with people who continue to "mess up" in life. He loved them fully and completely despite their earthly failures.

That being said, I would love to share even more here on the blog about difficult situations in my real life. Unfortunately due to the circumstances that's just not possible. But I can tell you God can and IS using them for good. He is moving and working in real and powerful ways.


So I will continue to sprinkle these kind of posts in between all the other fun stuff I usually enjoy blogging about....decorating, house projects, party planning, funny kid stories, etc...just so you know who I really am. They will be little reminders now and then that I am just an ordinary girl with an extraordinary God who continues to be glorified through every part of my life. That's really the whole point of life anyways, isn't it? Something I'm still striving to do on a daily basis.

***

1 comment:

  1. I love your conclusion! Its pretty neat to think of those included in the Bible and the struggles that they had. A great reminder that God loves us and knows we struggle.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...