Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Oh, hey!


It's been a while, I know. I haven't forgotten about you. Promise.

In fact, I've had tons of imaginary posts written up in my head that just never made it to the computer. They were quite brilliant, actually.



I was gonna tell you all about how the kids have been growing up lately and saying funny things and doing naughty things and almost killing each other on a daily basis and how I wish they could just obey the first time.

I was gonna spend a whole post complaining about how much I despise COLD weather and why Jesus needs to come back as a result. Like ASAP.

I was gonna whine about how much I miss my husband these days and how it's SO exhausting and draining being a stay at home (practically single) mom. Blah blah...

I was gonna gripe about all the "half-projects" I have going on and how there's ZERO motivation to finish them.

I was gonna post all my favorite fashion trends for this fall and winter and how I absolutely have to have every single one of them.


I was even gonna tell you I'm throwing in the towel on this whole "blogging" gig. How I want to write about deeper things but always wind up taking the "easy way out" by sticking closer to the surface.


Wait, what?

Did you hear that??

Ah yes...it's called discontentment.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dis`con`tent´ment
n.1.The state of being discontenteduneasinessinquietude.

discontentment - a longing for something better than the present situation

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


There's nothing wrong with working hard in each area of our lives. But if we're always longing for that "something better" in the future, we will be missing what God wants to teach us in the present. I need to be more content with my present.

I think we all do.




Perfect timing for Thanksgiving, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...