Friday, November 23, 2012

A couple things...

{1} Michigan weather is cray-cray! In years past, Thanksgiving Day around these parts usually involves snow, sleet, or ice (take your pick). But YESTERDAY was amaze-balls! After wolfing down some yummy food with the in-laws, we ran around outside playing duck-duck-goose, hide-and-seek, and tag until our cheeks turned red! I mean it was a little windy but still! Sixty degrees at the end of November?? It reminded me of my childhood growing up in CA. Where we would go for family walks after our big turkey feast.


{2} Speaking of turkey, we are hosting my side of the family tomorrow. And I'm attempting to pull off my very first traditional turkey dinner. My high school bud Jenny posted the most delicious sounding recipe, so we are giving it a go this year! Here's Kensie helping me prep this morning...

ice, peppercorns, and chicken broth (to name a few) covering our 11.5 lb turkey in a 5 gallon bucket
(it won't look so weird after you read the recipe HERE.)



{3} Speaking of Kensie, boy does she have some news. SHE WENT PEE ON THE POTTY this morning for the first time! We're still taking baby steps but this is HUGE for her. Read my previous post HERE so get the full story on why.


{4}Projects are actually happening around here these days. Hard to believe right? I'll post more on them later but here's a sneek peek of one...

In case you're wondering, this is the BEFORE pic. Come back on Monday to see the AFTER!


{5} It's officially the Christmas season!!!!!!! I get just a little geeked about the holidays. Especially when it comes to decorating. I love to transform the entire house into a wonderland of lights, ornaments, nativity scenes, garland galore(!) and trees of all shapes and sizes.

Don't mind my hunky man under the tree there. He was readjusting a branch that Mason sat on b/c apparently tree branches are also benches. Oh Mason...

Be sure to stop by next week. On December 1st, I'll be having a "Holiday Open House" (cyber-style). You won't want to miss this year's Christmas home tour. Just a few more finishing touches...



Thanks for staying :tuned in my friends!

***

5 comments:

  1. I didn't know you were doing anything to your fireplace? I can't wait to see it! Decorating or permanent change??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely permanent :) Come back to tomorrow to see!!

      Delete
  2. I totally thought that the ice in your bucket was sardines and I was really confused!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I've gotten that response a couple of times...

      Delete
  3. I love that Kens has her own apron!! Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...