Saturday, November 24, 2012

Our turkey feast...

I generally enjoy cooking a yummy, healthy, flavorful meal. However the motivation factor drastically decreased the moment I birthed children. Coupled with the fact that I usually eat with the kids alone for dinner while the hubby is hard at work in the evenings. Mac n cheese and PB&J are just SO much easier sometimes, ya know?

Anyway, this post is totally a "Bragging About My Turkey Dinner" post, b/c I don't cook on a regular basis these days. In fact, realistically maybe once a week. Maybe. 

So after all the work I put into making this afternoon a success, it's important I document it...











































I am tuckered out (not gonna lie) but I will say I had this giddy feeling all day knowing my family was enjoying every single bite. And I have to give my sweet sisters Lauren and Katelyn and my Mama for helping in the kitchen and Terry, Greg and Dave for helping clean up the "aftermath". I couldn't have done it without them.

Hope your Thanksgiving was blessed!


Now, it's time for CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!

:)


***

6 comments:

  1. Way to go Shannon! It looks absolutely amazing!! I wish I coulda joined you! :) And I love your apron. Did you make it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks Kate...it was a lot of work, but totally worth it! And I did not make my apron, but I do enjoy wearing it on occasion :)

      Delete
  2. Your apron pic totally looks like Martha Stewart! Everything looks absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mallory! Although I'm FAR from Martha Stewart, it was fun to play "dress-up" for one day :)

      Delete
  3. You are a Natural! That Turkey looked amazing...and so did YOU! Loved the table setting..everything looked perfect! Looks like a great time and memories were made..that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! Yes there were lots of memories made. Especially when we watched "Elf" after dinner and laughed our heads off! Love my family :)

      Delete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...