Friday, November 16, 2012

Mini lanterns and Wicker chairs

I've always wanted to hang a chandelier over our dining table but the ceiling is not wired for a light fixture in this room. And I stopped bothering asking Greg to figure out how to do it. 

Then I saw this idea. Betchya can't guess from where...



Anyway, this past summer when my neighbor and I had our Hoarders Sale, I bought these cute mini lanterns from her for 5 bucks total. I know I know. The point of the sale was to GET RID of crap but I walked home with a couple things. Oh well...aren't they so cute?!




So during naptime today I finally got the itch to make my Pinterest dream into a reality. I ran outside quick to grab a branch from the front yard. Greg recently trimmed a ton of trees around our property so I had lots to choose from.


I hung the branch with some fishing wire . Once I got it the right height I used twine to hang each lantern, one at a time, at varying lengths. It only took me about 30 minutes from start to finish.




I love how it appears to be floating.


BEFORE....





AFTER...


I also found two wicker chairs from Pier 1, so we can now seat EIGHT comfortably.


And just in time for Thanksgiving! We are hosting this year (for my side of the family), and I can't wait see everyone!


***

Linking up HERE.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks neighbor!! I should really thank you for most of this room ya know ;)

      Delete
  2. I love this! It looks perfect in your dining room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! I can't wait to light each mini lantern for the full effect :)

      Delete
  3. Cute! Somehow the wicker chairs bring it all together so well... very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate! I know, I've had my eye on a pair of wicker chairs for over a year now. These are a perfect fit!

      Delete
  4. what a great idea shannon...your family will be so impressed, many a great idea comes from pinterest and we just make it our own...I love your blog....I am now following you.
    Bec x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet comment Bec and I'm so excited you decided to stick around! Yes Pinterest is the best invention ever...I love a good bit of inspiration :)

      Delete
  5. Darling! I bet they look beautiful all lit up! Lovely chairs too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Karen! So glad you stopped by :)

      Delete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...