Thursday, April 26, 2012

Just when you think you've had enough...


I posted a few weeks ago about Kensie's "rough patch".

Well, she's been doing better these days.

In fact, the tables have actually turned. Mason currently has 2 teeth coming in coupled with a nasty cough/cold. Overall, he's one cranky little boy. Just walks around crying for no reason. Follows me all over the house begging to be picked up and cuddled. And for once in her little life, Kensie is actually looking out for her little bro.

Maybe she feels sorry for him?

I dunno.

But, it sure is the sweetest thing to watch. 

She's been offering her favorite toys to poor Mason when he cries for no reason. She rushes to his side when he trips and falls. She walks up to him, crouches down with her little hands pressed on her knees and gently whispers, "Mason, you okay?". 


It makes me tear up just thinking about it.
{NOTE: They are currently napping. I'm always more fond of them when they're not all up in your business!}



Miss K is also obsessed with a new game she has learned recently.

She gets out her favorite stuffed animals, lines them up in a circle, and then proceeds to hunt around the house until she finds me. 




"Mama!! Come 'ere...come 'ere Mama! Duck, duck, goose Mama!!!"


This little game of hers is usually right when I'm in the middle of folding clothes, or checking up on emails, or changing the sheets.

Some days I say no and ignore her request, or talk my way out of it with some lame mommy excuse.


"No honey. Mommy needs to finish this right now".


But, sometimes I force myself to put down whatever I'm doing, take her hand and join in her excitement.

 And THOSE moments, my friends....I never regret.

***


Life with kids can be so up and down. But, I guess that's why I love it so much.

Just when you think things can't get any worse, they surprise you with something so tender and innocent and incredibly sweet. 

And when they do, your love for them just goes through the roof!

3 comments:

  1. So So True Shannon! Your kids are so precious! How cute is Kensie making sure Mason is ok.. too cute! Loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to have you... :) I am your newest follower... I am fairly new to the blog world and it is so exciting to have someone comment and/or follow :) You have a beautiful blog....beeeeeautiful babies :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Shannon. (: hehe.... West Michigan. Awesome! (:

    Your children are absolutely gorgeous!!!! (:

    I look forward to reading more on your blog.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...