Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Some summer updates...



It's true I grew up in California (yep that's a picture of me!) but I have to say that Michigan summers are the best--unless you're pregnant....then not so much. The sun stays up 'til almost ten o'clock and the lakes are pleasantly warm for swimming. I like to sit on the front porch just before bed and watch the fire flies in our front yard. A typical Michigan summer also includes getting just enough rain to keep the landscape looking nice and green (although it's unusually dry right now. We're praying for some serious rain!).

We live just a few minutes from Lake Michigan...isn't it gorgeous??...


{source}


We are busy with life lately. Lots of fun and exhausting summer activities. Pools, lakes and splash pads are some of the kids favorites. Sunbathing and going to the beach are some of mine. And if Greg didn't have to be a grown-up and work to provide for our family he would spend his whole summer on the lake enjoying any kind of water sport you can think of. 

Kensie last summer--enjoying her first boat ride on Uncle Brad's boat.


We are definitely "beach" people. I love that we share that same joy. One day, we will live in a house on the water, with a dock and a boat, and have all kinds of friends and family over to enjoy it. Excuse me while I daydream for a moment....

Okay, I'm back. 

Just letting you know we are still here despite the lack of blogging lately. We are alive and well and enjoying life.

Happy summer!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your daydream- I dream of the same thing! Cute photos Shannon-- keep enjoying your summer girl!!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...