Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Life: my take on it

Everyone's life is different. I don't know yours. I only know mine.

And mine goes something like this:



There are 3 seasons to my life.



{1} 
The Cake Walk

Some years are easy as pie. Everything seems to run it's course as planned. Things easily fall into place. I expect things to continue to be easy because, well, they've been that way for a while. During this season it's easy to stop looking up. To stop depending on God . To stop trusting that His way is best. I start trusting myself a little too much. I start getting pretty confident that life is easy because I deserve it. Because I'm so great. Because I deserve nothing less. This season may be filled with "great" things on the outside but I'm often left with a longing for something more.




{2} 
The Crap Shoot

The next season is filled with hardship More like crap, to tell you the truth. A steamy pile of crapola. Whether it's my own doing or not. Something snaps. Life gets messy all of a sudden. I freak out--sometimes only a little, and sometimes a whole-freaking-lot. Either way the "$@&* hits the fan". During this season I have two choices. I can either walk closer with God, or walk away from God. I've done both. Sometimes, this season can be so overwhelmingly difficult my eyes become so blurry and confused that I can't see the bigger picture. I think there's NO POSSIBLE WAY anything good can come out of it. So I tightly close my eyes, shake my head and choose to blame it all on God. I might not say that out loud. But, that's what my actions say. And sometimes during this season I can lift my head up just enough to see that maybe, possibly, God might actually have His hand in all of this (which He always does btw--I just might not see it at the time). If I can force myself to see Him in the smallest ways, then sometimes during this season I choose to seek Him. And when I painfully and finally give it to Him, I can breath again. This crappy season might not get easier but I'm able to trust that He has a plan in the end.



{3} 
The Chance to Grow

This last season happens only AFTER the first 2 seasons. I don't know why but that's the way it is (at least in my life). Sometimes I never make it to this season. I just flip-flop between the easy life and the hard life--missing the whole "growing season" all together. It seems so foolish looking back. I guess retrospect is all we have though. It's only after a season ends that you can understand it better. This growing season is when God starts bringing challenges my way. My own personal life may be going somewhat smoothly. My communication with God may be ongoing. My Bible studies may be getting deeper. My deep, godly friendships may be flourishing during this season. At the same time, I see Him bringing outside challenges into my life. It's usually not just one issue. If God is really trying to grow me, He will usually bring in multiple circumstances/ people all at the same time. It can be overwhelming! But, it can also be a season to show others the same comfort that Christ has shown me. This is the season I'm currently in. It can be extremely emotional and hard, but SO rewarding and fulfilling. There is much purpose during this time. There is much to praise the Lord for. There is so much to learn from His word. And there is so much to apply.





I'm starting to understand each of these seasons a little better and how each one has a purpose. Maybe there's a fourth season and I just haven't discovered it yet. Who knows. I'm only 29 and I have a TON more to learn about life, God, and other people. 

But for now, that's what I got.

***


No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...