Thursday, July 19, 2012

From crib to bed: How it's going

It's going good overall. We switched Kensie from her crib to her big girl bed last Sunday night. 

The first night went great!


Clearly she was excited. 

I mean look at those sparkling eyes with that reassuring thumbs up?! That girl kills me sometimes!

She slept ALL night without rolling off, and greeted me in the morning with excitement, 

"I sleep in my BIG GIRL BED! I a BIG GIRL MOM!!!"

"Yes you are Kens. You ARE a big girl! I'm so proud of you."


Well naptime the next day wasn't quite as successful. She was SO excited about her new room and everything in it. She just couldn't contain herself. There were so many tempting pillows to rearrange, clothes in her closet to fold and re-fold, books to get out and read. In short, she couldn't stay in her bed. 

So we came up with a solution.


I calmly explained that if she can't stay in her big girl bed, then she will sleep in the pack n' play.

So far, we're on an every other rotation.

One night in the bed. 

One naptime in the crib.

One night in the bed.

One naptime in the crib.

You get the idea.



I have to say I'm loving this transition though. It's so fun to tuck her in at night, sit on the edge of her bed and have little conversations before I turn out the light and leave the room. 

(How's potty training?? Umm don't get me started. So NOT there yet. Let's just say I'd rather give birth than potty train an almost 3 year old. Not even kidding.)





Anyway, here's a little clip from this morning...




She's growing up too darn fast. I love discovering more of her personality everyday.

***

1 comment:

  1. OH my gosh she is so cute! Oh Shannon she is getting bit...and I wish it didn't go by so fast! Enjoy this time with her- how exciting a new bed!!!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...