Thursday, July 5, 2012

To my dear Kensie girl...


To watch you grow and learn and play,
is something I cherish every single day.

Your soft little voice is sometimes hard to hear,
but you capture my heart with every word, my dear.





You love to dance, play dress up, and "do" my hair,
but what I love most is what's deeper in there.




You have a heart and a soul that is beautifully wrapped,
in a God-given body that's already been mapped.






So take flight my sweet daughter,on this life that's fresh and new.
And I pray that God reveals himself in everything you do.





"For you know the plans I have for you", that's what the Bible reads.
And I pray you learn to seek Him, despite your wants or needs.





For this life is not an easy one, you'll hear that more and more.
But when you seek His face intently, you'll understand the word, "ADORE".



Love, 
the one you call "mama"


***

4 comments:

  1. How beautiful! Read it to her at her wedding, great blessing now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So So Sweet! LOVE the photo of her doing your hair- your such a good mom Shannon! This is so so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...