Sunday, June 24, 2012

Be nice to your windows

I gave our window in the fireplace room a little face-lift this weekend.



While Greg worked all day Saturday I got busy with some power tools! I needed something productive to help relieve my built up stress over the past week. I haven't been sleeping great, and you know that feeling when you can't seem to take a good, deep breath because your chest feels so tight?--yeah, I had that too. 

Well, it turns out that using a power drill can be a GREAT stress reliever...who knew!?



I loaded up the kids for a trip to Lowe's first thing Saturday morning. I love/ hate that place. So do the kids. I gave them every free pamphlet I could find in that store just to keep them busy flipping through the pages. Except they mostly just tossed them over the side of the cart for a fun game of "let's see how many times mommy can pick them up". I guess looking at pictures of fences, granite counter tops, and paint colors isn't as exciting for them? Weird. They were most excited when we walked down the rows of and rows of "potty chairs". Also weird, I know.


Anyway, did you know that Lowe's will trim your roman shade to the exact measurement of your window for FREE?

Pretty cool huh! I needed to fit a 54" wide window but the store only sold them in 48" OR 60". So I grabbed a 60" box, handed it off to a Lowe's employee, browsed the store for 30 minutes and then picked it up when it was DONE! So easy. It fits our window perfect! No fuss!

See that table runner? Funny side story. The roman shade was about 60" LONG, so I literally took scissors and cut the bottom off--making a PERFECT new runner for the dining table!


This window has been at a stand-still for quite some time, and it felt SO GOOD to finally finish it all by myself.

Here is another BEFORE...

I can't wait to show you the hutch (which is now all gray) and also in a different location!

And AFTER...



No more covering up this window with a bulky hutch. 

It's time to treat it right and let the light back in.





One last pic to show the roman shade down...


Happy Sunday my friends!

***

linking up to:



6 comments:

  1. Shan, I'm so impressed at how handy you are AND how creative you are! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cath! I'm still surprised at how motivated I was....I NEVER use power tools. I guess the combination of Greg being gone all day, me being stressed, and the kids napping a LONG freakin' time---it kinda created the perfect storm. :)

      Delete
  2. Amazing change, love the extra light!! Thanks for sharing and I am a new follower!!
    Hope you have had a great weekend!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the sweet comment Michelle! And thanks for joining my blogging journey...happy to have you here :)Can't wait to pop on over and visit yours...

      Delete
  3. Oh My Gosh!!!! Wow- so open and Bright and Pretty Pretty!!! Love it girl! And LOVE that you linked this baby up-- look at you go!!! :) You have amazing talent- show it off...nice job!!!! Roman shades are my Best Friends, and I Love what you did with the extra you snazzy girl you! :) Nice work Shannon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen...you're always my best cheerleader. I love that about you! :)

      Delete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...