Monday, June 11, 2012

Wedding filled weekend!

It's hard to believe that Greg's youngest brother, Elliot, got married over the weekend!

Such a young couple {just 19 years old!}....


They are honestly the most mature couple I've met....maybe ever for their age! Not kidding. They have such a heart for Christ and desire to truly honor Him with their lives. We wish you the best Jessica and Elliot!

We were extremely privileged when they asked Kensie to be the flower girl. She took her job very seriously. I wasn't sure how she would do walking down the aisle but after watching some flower girl videos on youtube, she diligently practiced tossing fake rose petals all over the house. She was so excited!







If there's anything I learned over the past week it's this:


LIFE IS SHORT.



LIFE IS FRAGILE.




DON'T TAKE IT FOR GRANTED.




LIVE IN THE MOMENT.

***


On Sunday I was able to attend a bridal shower for a former college volleyball teammate of mine.


The bride-to-be!



My gift to Megan. You know it's a good gift when you don't want to give it away!!
I used a leftover baseboard to make it. I loved it so much, I just might have to make one for myself now.



I am hanging on for dear life here. There were some big gusts of wind okay?


We sure had some good laughs too!




It's always fun when us girls can reunite. It doesn't happen very often. 

Excited for your wedding soon Megan!

***

Whew! So that was our wedding filled weekend!


2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a fun, loving weekend! Love your family picture- just love it! Congrats to the new couple and your friend who is soon to be Mrs. !! So fun! You look amazing Shannon! :)
    Jen

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...