Friday, June 1, 2012

Focus up Friday

Proverbs 31 Woman {week 3}



12 " 
"She brings him good and not harm, 
all the days of her life.

She selects wool and flax 
and works with eager hands.

She is like the merchant ships, 
bringing food from afar."
- Proverbs 31:12-14

In a nutshell, here's what I put into practice this week:

  • I usually leave Greg's pile of clean folded clothes on the floor in the hallway. The expectation is that HE puts them away. Nagging is involved. This week I silently put them away for him.
  • I usually leave clutter piled high on counters and tables throughout the house. This week I silently organized {kind of} and put the clutter away.
  • I usually enjoy announcing the "work" I've accomplished at the end of the day. This week I sealed my lips and let the work do the talking.
  • I usually procrastinate on projects in hopes that Greg will do them for me. This week I pulled up my big girl pants and actually did some of them.
  • I usually complain about the fact that I love having a puffy duvet comforter on our bed, and how utterly annoying it is that Greg has to fold over his side on top of mine to avoid sweating because he is so hot! Well, this week I finally put away my dream of having a duvet comforter and bought us a lighter year-round quilt instead {from TJ Maxx}.
  • I usually don't make the bed. Like, ever. This week I attempted to make it most days.
  • I usually go back to TJ Maxx after eyeing a purchase I reeeeeeally want to make. This week I went back to the store but did not purchase a thing! It felt so good.



 God will always notice our "eager hands", and I'm still trying to change my perspective. To work eagerly FIRST for my Lord and Savior. But it's sure nice when our husbands notice too.


This week, he noticed.

:)

***

linking up to:

2 comments:

  1. shannon, your post today totoally inspires me! there is so much wisdom in SILENTLY doing our duties. I need to start doing that again! my mom once encouraged me, and it has always stuck in my mind, that Jesus is the silent listener and since He's always with me I can shout out anything to Him. Like my accomplishments or frustrations, or worries, or joys, or excitements are our little secrets. "Look at what I did, Lord!" or "This is so hard, Jesus. I hate doing this!" or "I'm so excited about how this looks", etc. Having Him to listen to all my verbal exclaimations has really helped in not nagging or overloading Travis with too much.
    Thanks for the reminder and encouragement. Way to go! I think I'll go put away Travis' laundry right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great perspective your mom shared with you! That would help my quit the nagging more too! Good advice Kate. We're all a work in progress :)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...