Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Becoming pals...


I know I'm going to jinx this entire post by saying what I'm about to say.



But I'm going to because it's good to live in the present. And I will want to remember this one....


Kensie and Mason have recently become such GOOD playmates! 


I'm really REALLY loving their ages right now. Mason is quickly learning from his big sister and is moving much faster these days--which means he is no longer frustrated that he can't keep up with her. It also means he can climb on top of tables and gets into almost everything {think I'll save that for another day!}. But, I'm okay chasing them around. It's tiring but I don't mind it one bit. I like these "chasing toddler" days compared to the "nursing/ up all night" baby days--gotta be honest.

Anyway.


They have been cracking me up with their antics lately.


Mason is a total copycat and thinks Kensie is the coolest kid in town.
{she kind of IS, I must say so myself}



Kensie loves to "help" Mason participate in whatever activity she's doing. 
Like, sitting on plastic bowls for example.




I think back to my days as a kid and I'm always thankful I had four other siblings. Especially now that we're adults. Even though we are currently spread across the country, I know they are my best friends no matter where we live or how our lives have changed. When we are together, we can be our crazy-goofy selves, laugh at the same hilarious things, and make fun of each other like no one else can. There's an unspoken connection. 

It's such a gift--siblings are. 

Life-long friends built in from the very beginning.


All that to say...

It's such a joy to finally see these two start to share some of the same things I remember experiencing.



PS- There will NOT be a "We're Pregnant!" post coming anytime soon. I know some of you were probably thinking that.

I'm thoroughly enjoying the two we have and would like to keep it that way for a while.

***

4 comments:

  1. They are adorable! I have a boy and a girl and they are 5 years apart. It's sad to say but they do fight a lot. Hopefully, they will grow out of it. Your pics of Kensie and Mason are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear your kiddos fight a lot. I definitely remember LOTS of fighting with one of my sisters in particular (she is 2 years younger than me). Now we are best friends! We are probably the closest of all my siblings. So be encouraged that while your kids might not be best buds NOW....they might end up being best friends later in life. And THAT is when it really matters in my opinion. :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the visit Ioana...I'll be sure to take a peek at your blog!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...