Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year's Day {3 years ago}

It was January 1, 2009.

I woke up early and slipped out of our warm bed. The sun was just coming up. Greg was still fast asleep. I tip-toed to the closet to grab my yoga pants and a coat. Something comfy and warm. I had to run an errand. A short errand, but one that required getting dressed. I knew exactly what I needed to buy.

I quietly snuck out the front door and clicked it shut. Fifteen minutes later I was back with a plastic Walgreen's bag draped around my wrist. Inside the bag was a box. One small item that always costs more than you think. I was so excited to show Greg my little New Year's surprise but alas, he was still sleeping and I decided to wait. And wait. And wait.

Then I heard the bedroom door slowly squeak. He emerged scratching his head and squinting his eyes. Heading straight for the bathroom, I rushed down the hallway to beat him to the door. He gave me a warm bear hug and whispered "Happy New Year babe".  I quickly held up my Walgreen's bag and raised my brows with excitement, "I have a surprise for you...if you want to see it." His brows quickly matched mine. He knew what it was. And he knew why I was excited.

Yes. Inside that box was a pregnancy test. I was already a couple days late and just had that feeling. We had been trying for 6 months and were ready to start a family. So I opened the box, looked up at my scruffy handsome man and gazed into those familiar hazel eyes, "Should we take the test and see?" He replied with a sweet and silent grin.

It was such a special time for us. We prayed together as we waited for the results. Even though I knew in my gut that I was in fact carrying a baby inside...we still prayed that no matter what the results we would trust God.

And He decided to bless us with a baby. Nine months later she was born. Her name...Kensie Michelle. And just like that, I became a mom. And then nine months after that I was pregnant again. This time, a boy. And nine months later we had Mason Gregory. I felt like I became a mom all over again.

Anyway, it's my favorite New Year's memory.

Fast forward>>>>

Here's our little family today....January 1, 2012.


Can't imagine life without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...