Sunday, January 8, 2012

A {not so fun} 10 month celebration.

Mason is generally a very happy baby.
Except when he's sick or teething.
And when he's sick AND teething....you don't want to be a guest overnight in our home.
Trust me.
When he wakes up he let's the whole house know it.
(Although Kensie and Greg NEVER wake up from his cries...those two sleep like rocks!)
During the day he is easily distracted.
But at night? It's a different story.

And (unlike Kensie as a baby) he does not go back to sleep without intervention.

He needs:
(a) a bottle
(b) mommy
(c) cuddling

So last night I was up from 2am-4am.


Happy 10 months little guy....



I hope you get those 2 front teeth soon.
You deserve it.
I deserve it.

***

On that note...this is a good post to tell you two things:
(1) I LOVE my role as a mother and absolutely think it is worth it to have kids.
(2) But, there are days like today, when I'm exhausted and wonder, "Can we just get to the next stage already!?!?"


Then I read THIS ARTICLE from a gal that (in my opinion) totally "gets it" as a mom.
I was so encouraged.
Read it.
If you have little ones, you will be encouraged too.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for those teeth to pop!!

    And loved the link. So very true. The best old lady comment I've ever gotten was on the 4th of July. (I wrote it down bc it went straight to my heart.) We were out to breakfast. We were done eating - E was acting up and D was getting squirmy & I could not wait for the check to come! After we had them all packed up a little old lady at the table next to us grabbed my arm. She told me how adorable our kids were and that she could tell they were loved.

    I could have hugged her.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...