Friday, January 27, 2012

Updates: this and that

We've had lots going on and I keep procrastinating forgetting to update the blog...so here it goes:

We had a lovely winter wedding {for my Mama} two weekends ago. It was held inside the most beautiful log cabin I've ever seen, tucked in the middle of a deep forest with trees covered in fresh morning snow. Beautiful. Unfortunately I don't have many pics so you will have to imagine the rest....


hanging out after the ceremony


the flower girl and ring bearer...they did awesome.
{even though their silly mom forgot the flower girl's shoes! Don't get me started...}


weddings are such a nice chance for family pics...


Mama and Terry...the lovely bride and groom.


trying to capture the gorgeous snow outside. Seriously, it was unreal.

***

Greg was gone the following weekend for a High School winter retreat with church. So, while he was enjoying sledding, broomball, and freezing his booty off....I enjoyed some quiet nights with candles, pinterest, my bible, and some precious moments with God. It was one of those potentially "lonely" weekends that turned out to be one of the most memorable two days I've had in a long time. I love how God speaks to us in love when we need it most. I was moved to tears Sunday morning during worship  just thanking him for his goodness. This blog is used to document these times so I can look back on them later. So important to me.

One of my quiet weekend nights--enjoying some leftover flowers from the wedding and my favorite scented candles.

***

Speaking of pinterest...

I tried a new brussel sprouts recipe! Greg is not usually a fan of this particular vegetable.
These were a hit! I especially like the cranberries mixed in. Gives it a little zing!

Go HERE for the recipe.


I'm also working on a post which I've already titled, "The trying and tiring two's".

Can't wait for that one huh?

Me either.

Thanks for staying tuned in!

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to hear how the 2's are going for you. I only have 3 months left and then all will be good, right?

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...