Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas cookie cutters!

Yesterday, I spent the morning baking 2 dozen classic sugar cookies {with frosting and sprinkles of course} for my first ever Christmas cookie exchange!

Yes, there's a first time for everything.

I would rather cook than bake--any day of the week. It's not my best skill.

Anyhoooo....this morning I came home with two plastic containers packed with all kinds of yummy treats ready to offer guests between now and the big day. Well worth it.


So, what did I do with the $5 bucket of cookie cutters from Aldi?


The same thing any "anti-baker who wants to look like she's Susie homemaker" would do....
I hung them in my kitchen!


These jumbo-sized guys are with the rest of the cookie cutter clan but, they made their debute on the side of the cupboard instead of the garland. It was getting a bit heavy.


So, even though it appears as though I unclip those darling cut-outs from that silky ribbon and bake all day and night throughout the holidays....
Really, I just think they are cute and festive...and why not appreciate them everyday instead of them lurking in the back of my cupbaord all season next to that ugly vase I can't seem to get rid of?
Do you like to bake during the holidays? If so, come over anytime.
Please and Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. very pretty! They would be cute on a small christmas tree as well!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...