Saturday, May 1, 2010

Adrenaline



Well, I did it. I completed my first 5k this morning. Thanks to a last minute sign up by Greg's cousin, Beth, I was blessed with a running partner. I know we look like sisters, but we are not even blood related. Funny huh? Anyway, we were matched pretty well the whole race. And since I've mostly trained alone, it sure was nice to have a buddy. Definitely more motivating for sure.




We both finished under 27 minutes, which was better than my goal! I'm sure there was a little help from some morning coffee as well as the adrenaline that kicks in from running with a large group. And we DID get some cheers from our hubby's on the sidelines, which always helps too.


And I have to give a shout out to my dear friend Jamie, who -- if it wasn't for her encouragement, I would have never signed up in the first place. Thanks Jamie!

So, here's to the 5k. The official kick off of Tulip Time has begun!!

Bring it on.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you ran and SOOOO thankful that it didn't rain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the accomplishment!
    What a fit young wife and mother you are!!
    Will you do more 5K's??

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...