Monday, September 19, 2011

I have a "thing" for numbers....

Alright friends, it's confession time...

I love numbers.


{NERD ALERT}

 
Like, ell ohh vee eeeeee numbers.

My love does not come from taking math or accounting while in college. No no. Not those numbers.

These are just everyday numbers.



Like the fact that my license plate has both my husband's former football number {77} as well as my former volleyball number {8}. Love that.

And if you recall when I was pregnant with Kensie, her due date was 9-9-09. How fun is that?!

Or when I got to the check-out counter at the boutique downtown and I had exactly $14.32 in my wallet. True story. Love that.

And I may or may not count the stairs to the basement every time I walk them. I know how many there are. Twelve. But I may or may not count them anyway.

Numbers give so much order and structure. And they are so predictable {sometimes}.

So, when I decided to add an "alphabet" on the wall in the playroom....


I started counting the panels on the wall to see how I wanted to space them out.

And guess what?


This wall was made for the alphabet.

There are exactly 26 panels on the longest wall in the sunroom.

Perfect fit.


Oh happiness....


Just one more reason I love numbers.


And Kensie sure loves those letters up there now. She knows every single one and can call them out at random. And before you think I'm super-mom...I take zero credit. Pretty sure PBS has proven to be educational. I just quiz her now and then.
:)

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Love the letters - and happy to hear I am not the only one who counts things! :)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...