Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Reflections on the little years

You may have heard me complain about the inconveniences of pregnancy and all the "uncomfortableness" before, during and after giving birth. I'm sure I have dramatized the sleepless nights and fatigue that come with taking care of newborns--however, that's easier to say now that I'm out of the newborn stage....you decide. And I'm quite certain I have expressed {in *ahem* sarcastic ways} how NOT excited I am about parenting a two year old, potty training and switching a toddler to her big girl bed. 

But, let me set the records straight....

I am absolutely loving these young years of my kiddos. I've been reminded lately in SO many ways that these are the best years of my life. And so far, I'd say they definitely are!

A two year old and a six month old take a lot of physical work. But, I'm so blessed to watch Kensie become more independent with each day....learning new words like crazy, wanting to "help" around the house, learning to pick up toys and share them with her brother....so precious to watch her transition from baby to child. And Mason is such a joy. Even though he already has that "boy smell" and he gets baths MUCH more often than Kensie ever did....he is sitting up to play more, smiling and babbling with such happiness, and thinks the world of miss Kensie. She will walk by without even looking at him, and he starts giggling and squealing with love for his big sister.


We have been having LOTS of tea parties lately. Mason loves the new perspective and Kensie loves having another guest at her party....this particular day was full of extra giggles.


See what I mean?

How blessed am I? I don't deserve this position Lord. And I certainly don't deserve such sweet kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...