Friday, July 22, 2011

Musical Cribs

We are on our third crib for miss Kensie.
Yes, third.


Here's the FIRST crib:


Ahhh, the nursery in the beginning stage. Blank walls. New crib (minus the mattress at this point in the pic). No curtains yet. Fresh new rug on our newly refinished wood floors. Anxiously waiting to meet our first baby girl. 

And then she came and filled this crib full of sweetness....


{I can't believe how little she is here!}

I love this crib.
We found it on craigslist (if I had a dime for every time I said that...) and it has everything we wanted in a high-quality crib but (again) for a THIRD of the price. SCORE. Big time. As in, "we-got-a-4-piece-Pottery-Barn-nursery-furniture-set" kind of score. Yeah.
I love this crib.

An.y.way....

9 months past by...
and I was pregnant again.

Excited. Thrilled.

But, we needed a second crib. So, we moved the (above) crib into the "new nursery" (which now belongs to Mason) and my thoughtful friend Jessica offered to loan us the SECOND crib...


A perfect fit and exactly my taste.
That makes one crib for Kensie and one crib for Mason.
Problem solved!


Then....
Jessica was pregnant again.
Her third girl.
{Jess is one of those cute Moms you could totally picture with 3 adorable girls. Go check out her blog here to see what I mean. Adorable right? I told you.}
Anyway, she is due in September--right around Kensie's second birthday.
You do the math.

I wasn't ready to force Kensie out of the crib to a big girl bed yet, so we had to think of something quick!

We figured it was worth investing in a second crib so, back to craigslist we went and found her THIRD crib...


A convertible crib that will go from crib to toddler bed to full size headboard.


And in case you were wondering....cribs DON'T FIT THROUGH DOORWAYS. That means disassemble, reassemble, disassemble, reassemble....etc. We are now professional crib-setter-uppers to say the least.
But, I think we are DONE with the musical crib game. Whew!
For a while anyway....
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...