Monday, May 6, 2013

Still here!

What's up my friends?

I've been hanging around, just not much on here lately. Looks like it's been 3 weeks since my last post. So I'm popping in to give you some updates...


I turned 30 about two weeks ago. Feeling quite happy about it, actually. My twenties were some very difficult years for me. Lots of trials, depression, a major self-identity crisis, and just some not-so-fun memories. I'm grateful for all that God taught me during those ten years and I'm so thankful for the rock-solid husband that stood by me through it all, but I'm just happy to be in a new decade. I love who I am right now.




Speaking of my handsome man, he turned 30 today! So he can stop teasing me about being in a different decade than him. Unfortunately, he had an extra long day at work today, swung by to change quick, then went straight to softball practice, stopped home for dinner and a shower, and then back to work. It's 10:23pm. He's still there.


We (the hubs and I) will be escaping at some point to celebrate both our birthdays. Thirty is kind of a big deal, so we wanted to do something extra fun. We're planning to take the train to Chicago, stay one night in a fancy hotel, walk the busy downtown streets, window shop, and perhaps be entertained at a comedy club. I like vacations. Even mini ones. And I quite like him. It's been busy around here. I'm looking forward to a weekend getaway without children. God bless those kids, but I need a break.

This was our last trip without kids. Last December.


Speaking of those little blessings, Kensie and Mason are both sick right now. It's absolutely gorgeous weather outside too. Seventy degrees every day. Tulips and daffodils blooming everywhere. Our little town has a festival every year called "Tulip Time" and it's going on RIGHT NOW. And my kids have streaming noses and can barely breath at night. I'm just praying this is our last round of the yuckies for this season.


Nobody's looking at the camera. What else is new?



So that's the latest!

You're welcome.

1 comment:

  1. Too cute. Love the - we don't care how pretty the flowers are, we are not looking at you mom- photo. :). And what a fun get-away you have planned!! It was great seeing you today! Looking forward to playing again!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...