Sunday, April 14, 2013

A few things...


{1} Mason had his 2 year check-up last week. Technically his appointment was over a month after he turned two, but who's counting?





Two year stats:

Weight: 36 lbs (99%)

Height: 36.5 in. (85%)

Head circumference: 51.5 cm (90%)



He officially weighs more than Kensie (by 2 lbs.) and I recently bought both of them some summer shoes in the same size (10). The SAME SIZE people. They are eighteen months apart. Craziness. 




{2}The ladies from the women's ministry team at our church are putting together a cookbook. I just finished designing the cover and chapter pages. (I used my go-to editing site).






What do you think?



{3} It's April 14th and there are snowflakes the size of quarters falling right outside our living room window!! The weather lately is just so gloomy and dark and cold, cold COLD! My car said 35* on the way to church this morning. Depressing. I've been mentally wishing I was here...





{4} I'm turning 30 years old a week from today. And to be honest, I've never been more excited for a birthday. Strange, right? I'll have to do another post on my feelings, but I am so thrilled to be leaving my twenties. There are just a lot of hard transitions in life during that decade that no one really prepares you for. No one. I'm ready for a new and fresh decade.


{5} I'm really cherishing our schedule-free mornings without having to rush off to school right now. Generally, we sleep 'til about 8:00, breakfast at 8:30 and don't get dressed until 10:00am sometimes. But it won't last forever, I know. We are looking into signing Kensie up for preschool next fall. It seems crazy to think that school days are just around the corner. But she is a kid that will totally THRIVE in school. She is constantly asking me for "math problems", loves to pack her backpack, take a walk around the living room and pretend to "go to school". I'm just not looking forward to waking up earlier to get her there. I'm totally going to be the disheveled looking mom who pulls up to school at the last minute with messy hair and still in sweatpants.



Oh well. I'm really okay with it. I'm just not that peppy, morning, pulled-together-at-7:30am type of person.




{6} We have been researching kitchen counter tops and sinks for a while now. I think I've made up my mind. We're going with laminate b/c it's the most affordable. But don't worry, this is not your grandma's laminate. Here's the counter top I want...


Wilsonart's Mardura Pearl Pattern


And that's what is happening around here these days!

***

3 comments:

  1. Shannon!

    It's Jacy from My Name is Jacy :) HOW ARE YOU? I feel like I have been missing out on SO much! I LOVE the counter, I bet the laminate will be GREAT, don't worry about turning 30 because you are smoking!, and love the cookbook cover!

    I've started something new... YAY!... hence the new name Clementine. I hope you'll come say hi! Eager to get caught up with your life... I have missed being online SO much!

    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear from you again Clementine. I mean Jacy, I mean Clementine! Haha! That will take a while to get used to. Hope you're doing well...it's definitely been a while eh? :)

      Delete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...