Friday, March 29, 2013

Wannabe Beach Party

Tuesday night I invited some sweet ladies over for a "Wannabe Beach Party". 

My intent for this party was:

{1} To bless others using the gifts God has given me.

{2} To thank and encourage women in my life who are constantly serving their families and other people. Women who may find themselves just needing a break from all the ups and downs of life. Or women who have blessed me in a personal way and I simply wanted to say thank you for making such an impact in my life. Basically, I wanted to lavishly love on some women who have so generously loved on me. 

{3} To escape from this LONG cold wintry weather in Michigan. I have a special place in my heart for anything beach-related. I wanted to imitate an outdoor beachy oasis all in the comfort of home. 

{4} To provide a party where absolutely NOTHING was required of my guests, except to show up in a cute nautical/ beachy outfit. It's so refreshing to attend a party where you don't have to bring a dish, or bring a present, or buy something once you get there. (Nothing wrong with any of those things). It's just nice to be totally pampered once in a while for NO reason, ya know?


Anyway, welcome to the beach party!











MENU:

Chicken salad croissant sandwiches

Lemon Orzo pasta salad with asparagus and cherry tomatoes

Stacked Pineapple and grapes on umbrella toothpicks

Chips and salsa









Blue lemonade (one packet of blue Kool-aide mixed with 2 containers of fresh lemonade) and lemon water to drink.












I'm mostly posting this one so you can see my nautical outfit. It's the only pic I have of myself, so please ignore the awkward face.

































The party started at 6:30, and after some hilarious stories and lots of laughter, it was close to midnight before the last guest went home. One of the best girl's nights I've had. 

I think for one evening we all forgot that we were moms and wives, and adults with responsibilities, and we definitely forgot how blustery cold it was outside! Which was exactly the point of the party.

I was so blessed to have such a great group of women all together at the same time.


Each guest went home with one of these party favors...


I wrote a personal note to each guest about what I appreciated and loved about them as a person and wrapped it up with twine. And the anchor bracelet fit perfectly around the outside of the bottle!

***


We are heading out of town tomorrow morning but I will be back in a week to update you on our trip! Curious where we're headed? Read THIS POST. And then after you read it, say a little prayer for me will ya?


Thanks for staying tuned in my friends!

3 comments:

  1. Not to often I stay out that late.
    I had a such a great time. Thank you for treating us to night of food, laughs and fun memories.
    You are so sweet and thoughtful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I had off and on headaches the whole next day from staying up wayyyy too late! But totally worth it. So glad you were able to come Jess. :)

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful idea and great decor! How sweet of you!!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...