Monday, March 11, 2013

Birthday "twins"

I've always dreamed of having boy/ girl twins. I know it would be a TON of work. I would most likely complain every single day for the first 2 years, and you would not see me very often. And if you did, I would look like a hot mess. I'm not naive to the fact that twins are no easy feat. After watching a friend of mine have boy/girl twins around the same time Kensie was born, I was in total awe as she nursed them, bathed them, changed their diapers, and got them in and out of the car. They sucked every minute of her day.

But I kinda like challenges, and I just think it would be SO much fun down the road! 


You can call me crazy now. It's okay.


Anyway, Mason has a birthday buddy. They were born on the same day, in the same hospital, just a few rooms apart from each other.

Since then, we've been able to get together the past couple years to celebrate with a picture.





The funny part is they have always been off-the-charts when it comes to size, so they really DO look like twins. Gracie's mommy and I laugh about it all the time...





If these little guys stay friends down the road, it will be so fun to pull out these pics for them!!

***

Anyone else out there dream of having twins someday? 


4 comments:

  1. I always thought I wanted twins until I had one. Thankful I didn't. What I have now is close enough for me. It comes with the advantages of having twins, like playing with the same age toys, always having a playmate, but they still have soem of their own things and having only 1 baby at a time was muuuuuch easier. :) I see where you're coming from though. Be careful what you wish for!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True true. My other BIG reason is I don't enjoy being pregnant...like at all. So it would be nice to get two for one and then be DONE! We want 4 kids at this point, but I really don't want to go through pregnancy TWO more times. But like you said, careful what you wish for! ;)

      Delete
    2. Oh my! I totally understand! I actually really wanted El to be a twin. I was disapointed after my 1st ultra sound because their was only 1 baby. Crazy right?!? Of course once she was out and I was trying to juggle 3 kids...I was thanking God!

      Delete
    3. Jen!! That is absolutely hilarious....glad I'm not the only one who's crazy :)

      Delete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...