Friday, March 8, 2013

The dude is two.

Our little man turned two today. 


He may be turning 2 but those jeans are size 4T people!


He's a pretty typical boy: 


While I'm rocking him before bed and singing, "You are my Sunshine..." he loves to ask if he can pick my nose.


When I ask him what he's doing (as he starts rolling around on the ground for no reason) he simply but LOUDLY states, "I WILD!"


As if he's never eaten a meal in his entire life, he desperately asks for more food before he's even cleaned the plate right in front of him.


When given the opportunity, he will take down his sister in either a strategic wrestling move, or a below-the-waist football tackle. Neither of which I taught. 


When asked what he's going to dream about as I tuck him into bed, his response is, "Pizza. Waffles. Grapes. Meijer!"
(Meijer is our local supermarket where we do ALL our grocery shopping)


You can usually find him holding either a truck or a tool in each hand while simultaneously watching Bob the Builder.






But he also has such a sweet and tender heart. He's quick to say sorry, eager to help, asks to pray at random times, and loves to snuggle.




We aren't doing a party this year. I just pulled out a few re-used party decorations and planning to have pizza for dinner with our little family of four. We're taking the kids to Crazy Bounce (basically an indoor warehouse full of bounce houses and slides) tomorrow morning. Pretty sure it will be the best boy birthday idea ever--considering the naps that will hopefully follow!


***

Oh, and let's not forget Kensie also turned three and a half on Wednesday! So basically she thinks she gets a party twice a year, seeing as it's only 2 days away from Mason's birthday. Kinda fun!



1 comment:

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...