Friday, December 7, 2012

Holiday snapshots...

I use this blog as a scrapbook at times (unless FB starts making THAT an option).

Anyway, we're having some holiday fun over here!


After telling the kids the story of baby Jesus, they decided to see what sleeping in a manger would feel like. The idea was instigated by Kensie, but Mason quickly followed his big sister. So they each grabbed a basket, stuffed it with blankets and squeezed they're little bodies in there like sardines.



It was quite adorable to watch and it totally melted this Mama's heart. 


We've also been busy Christmas shopping this week. They are both super troopers when it comes to shopping. I always pack Mason in the stroller with lots of snacks and toys, so I'm sure that helps. Kensie will usually skip cheerfully alongside the stroller browsing the aisles with me. She's developed this funny little habit of calling me by my first name when we're out shopping....

"Look at this pwetty dwess Shaaannnon!"

"Oooooooo, Shaaaannnnon. Look at deese spawkly shooooes!"

I seriously have no idea how that happened, but it cracks me up every time.. This is the only time when she calls me anything but Mama--so I play along.





We were able to see Santa today. We showed up at noon (when the sign said he'd be back). Welllll, he was late. Forty five minutes late. We hadn't had lunch yet, AND it was getting close to naptime.



Can you guess which one was about to cry after this photo?
HINT: it wasn't me, although I may have been close as well


So that's what we've been up to!

Hope you're finding some special moments this Christmas season. 

***

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...