Sunday, February 19, 2012

Some "firsts" over the weekend...


Nothing big.

Just some kiddo updates that are fun to record...

First up, sweet little Kensie girl. Believe it or not, she has never {I repeat} NEVER had a hair cut. It just kept growing out so nicely with a touch of curl on the ends, so I never noticed it looking uneven. But, today after her bath, I grabbed those scissors and decided it was time for a trim....


She sat incredibly still on her cute little stool.
She even let me blow-dry it at the end!

However.....

For the next 4 hours all I heard was, "Mama cut miya haiyer..."
Yeah.
Reason #245 why I was putting off the whole "cutting of the hair". I vividly remember cutting my own hair as a child and hiding the evidence behind the entertainment center.

***

Moving on to Mr. Mason man...
The boy has been army crawling since he was 8 months old. Then he started cruising along furniture at 10 months. And he gets going pretty fast! He will be walking any day now. But, for some reason he has a hard time going from the sitting position to standing (without some help). Probably has something to do with the fact that he is 11 months old but weighs as much as my 2 and a half year old!!

Geesh.
Anyway, this is a BIG first for him...


I walked in to get him up from his morning nap and found him standing up for the first time!! Something so simple but, for some reason it just warms my heart so much.

I grabbed the camera quick to get it on video...enjoy!


These two are growing up so fast!

1 comment:

  1. Shannon, love those Firsts! That is what it is all about!! Sweet haircut on your little one, and Mason- you go buddy!!! Thanks for sharing, I loved it! -Jen

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...