Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Secret's Out...

Here's the announcement...






The verse at the bottom got cut off, but it reads
Psalms 37: 4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart".
And we are expecting September 9, 2009....how cool is that?? 9.9.09! I know I know, it rarely happens that you actually give birth ON your due date, but still fun to say.
All I can say is how completely PERFECT God's timing is. Greg and I have had a rough last year and a half with family issues on my side, and struggles within our own marriage. But, we have definitely come out stronger on the other side by the grace of God. There were so many times when I just wanted to be pregnant, and let that be my escape from all my other problems. Especially when all I could see were all the OTHER pregnant women around me. But, God protected us from that situation, as it could have been disastrous. I would have used it as a tool to protect myself from further hurt, instead of rejoicing in the fact that God has given us great responsibility and privilege to carry a child He has created.
So here we are...after waiting (not always so patiently), in our new house (with still a LOT of projects and painting to be done), basking in thankfulness (even though I'm not so thankful to be sick sometimes), and ready to take on the journey (even though we don't know the future). Bring it on!
Some other tid bits for those who are wondering how I've been feeling: I've definitely been nauseated, but am thankful to never have thrown up. I don't feel sick everyday. But, sometimes it just hits me unexpectedly. Naps are a MUST once a day. I usually hit a wall around 3:00 and have to lay down for a while. Greg has been patient with my crankiness, and my short tongue. Last Wed we had an appointment and were able to hear the heartbeat for the first time. The doc found it right away, which eased my nerves. It was so LOUD and fast! Greg and I looked at each other and started laughing out loud we were so giddy. I'm just starting my 12th week, so we're almost 1/3 of the way there! Stay tuned...Oh, and we are DEFINITELY finding out boy or girl! We didn't even have to have a disagreement on that one :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh Shan... again, I 'm SOOO excited for you on this one! The Lord is so good to give us exactly what we NEED and what is for OUR GOOD at the perfect time. I cannot wait to meet and hold this little one of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hiphiphooray! congratulations you two. can't wait to meet your darling little one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Shannon, I'm so excited for you :).

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...