Friday, February 27, 2009

My Aching Back!

Every mom-to-be deserves at least one post to complain about the drama in her current preggo life! Today is that day. MY.ACHING.BACK!!! Literally. I probably got about 3-4 hours of sleep last night because of it. Yesterday Greg and I moved a ton of furniture around the house to reorganize a bit. We recently finished painting the fireplace room, which looks absolutely PERFECT thanks to my talented and diligent husband (pics to come soon...). But I guess I thought I could just pick up a couch and move it the same way I used to. WRONG.

I was tossing and turning all night, constantly pulling the covers on as they kept getting twisted from all the thrashing. I tried laying on my side, putting a pillow between my legs, laying on the other side, even laying on my back (which I am NOT a back sleeper)....and nothing seemed to minimize the ache. At one point around 5am, Greg (bless his heart) pulled the covers up over me for the 50th time, and proceeded to start rubbing my lower back. All it did was show me how much he loves me, but it really didn't help ease the pain one bit.

So, in the end, one was lesson learned:
Think twice about doing something you thought you could have easily done before you went and got all pregnant.

Also, to respond to some questions about the last blog....I DID end up finishing my curtains for the built-in, and they turned out just how I hoped! Now, I can stow my baskets filled with hats, gloves, and scarfs as well as various board games below without being seen. I need to get a camera soon to post these fun transformations! But, in the meantime, thanks for the accountability...even in the small things :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Shannon, just read the news about you expecting!! How great is that!!!!!! We are trilled and so happy for you. I'll be praying your pregnancy goes well. I'm due any time now (16th March) and so excited to meet our little boy, hold him and kiss his chicks. So is Sebastian. You've got still some time ahead of you and I pray God gives you the best time (no back pain problems and sleepless night :)) I'll keep stopping here to hear more from you! Love to your both, Gloria & Sebastian

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...